Date: 30 May 2011
Venue: Frankfurt School of Finance & Management, Sonnemannstr. 9 -11, 60314 Frankfurt/Main
Registration to the workshop is now closed.
This workshop is going to sum up what EFG Work Package 3 "Content enrichment and semantic interoperability" has achieved in the field of data enrichment and cleaning so far and what could be benefits from this work for the film archival community. It is dedicated to cataloguers and filmographers from the film archives but information professionals from other cultural heritage communities are welcomed as well.
The workshop is planned as an interactive forum in which the participants could share their knowledge, ideas and experiences on data quality and semantic interoperability issues. Presenters come from the FIAF cataloguing commission, the CEN cinematographic work standard (EN:15907) as well as from the museum and the library sector. The presentations and discussions focus on:
- Film archival vocabularies
- Cataloguing in the film archives
- EFG´s approach to authority file building
- Linking film archival data to the semantic web
- Integrating film archival data into external authority files
- Bringing forward standardisation of cataloguing and vocabulary work within the film archival sector and creating shared platforms (wiki)
The workshop is organised and hosted by Deutsches Film Institut – DIF. The workshop is co-organised by Danish Film Institute DFI, leader of the EFG Work Package 3 “Content Enrichment and Semantic Interoperability”.
If you need further information, please contact:
EFG Data Coordination / Deutsches Filminstitut - DIF
Phone: +49 (0) 69 961 220 701